As promised, I will share with you a pretty taste recipe for Teriyaki London Broil. This time, I’m not using marinade from a bottle.
But I must warn you in advance. My final picture of the steak was an epic fail.
[hanging head in shame]
1-2 lb. boness top round, about 1 in. thick
1 cup soy sauce
1/3 c. sugar
1 clove garlic, crushed [i did not have any this time]
1 T. cornstarch
1 c. cold water
1/4. c. thinly sliced scallions
1. Preheat the grill while you gather your ingredients.
2. In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, sugar and garlic, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
3. Put steak on the grill & baste with 1/2 soy sauce mixture. We will be saving the other half for later.
4. I grill the steak for about 15 minutes on each side. We like ours well done.
5. Mix cornstarch with water and add to the mixture in your saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened, 8 to 10 min.
6. Let steak stand for 2 min. Slice diagonally [I am terrible at that]. Stir scallions into sauce and serve over your steak.